Guided search

Click a term to initiate a search.

View By Location

Little Tavern - Bethesda

Original Name: Little Tavern
Year Of Construction: 1955
Address: 8100 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814
Architect(s):
Current Status: The Golden House Chinese Restaurant
Original Use: Restaurant
Function: Restaurant

The Golden House in its present iteration is a Chinese take-out but was originally known as the Little Tavern Shop, a chain of burger establishments that used to be ubiquitous in the Greater Washington DC area. Built in 1955, the exterior appears to retain original building materials. Constructed of white porcelain enamel panels, the front facade is divided by three vertical bands of green and white tiles which are also used on the building’s side. Inside, the only indication of original material is the green and white checkerboard tiled floor. The structure is one of only handful of the is still standing.