Guided search

Click a term to initiate a search.

View By Location

Bonfield's Texaco

Original Name: Bonfield's Texaco
Year Of Construction: 1928
Address: 6124 MacArthur Boulevard Glen Echo, MD 20816
Architect(s):
Current Status: Law Offices
Original Use: Service Station
Function:

Built around 1928, this former gas station, Bonfield’s Texaco, has been converted into an office structure for the communication law firm Bennet & Bennett PLLC. The building is still adorned with the sleek black and silver original sign reminiscent of the grill of an automobile and featuring a clock at the center, almost as if it were the nose of a car. The sign appears to be the only Art Deco feature of the building. Windows and sliding doors original to the structure are also evident. The building is in excellent condition and an addition was made in the late 1990s and is in keeping with the original structure.